Last updated on Jun 11, 2017.
- Scope of License
This License is a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable license to use the Licensed Application on any mobile device or personal computer that You own or control. You may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple mobile devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this License), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (unless the foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law, or permitted by the licensing terms governing the use of any open sourced components of the Licensed Application, if any). In addition, any commercial copying or distribution, publication or exploitation of the Site, or any content, software, code, data or materials on or from the Site, are strictly prohibited unless You have received express prior written permission from us or the applicable rights holder. Any attempt to do so is a violation of our rights. If You breach these restrictions, You may be subject to prosecution and damages. The terms of the License will govern any upgrades provided by us that replace and/or supplement our Service, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
- Consent to Use of Data
By using the Licensed Application, You understand and agree that we may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about Your mobile device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to You (if any) related to the Licensed Application. We may use this information to improve our Service.
- Changes to this License
Pipe may make changes to the terms of this License from time to time. Pipe will publish the changes at http://meetpipe.com/ . The changes will be effective when published. Please review this License on a regular basis. You understand and agree that Your acceptance of the terms of this License or Your use of the Service after the date of publication of varied terms shall constitute Your agreement to the updated terms. If You do not agree with the amended terms, You may terminate Your relationship with Pipe in accordance with paragraph 4 below.
- The License is effective until terminated by You or us. You may terminate Your relationship with Pipe at any time. You can request that Pipe delete Your User Account (as defined below). Pipe has the right to terminate Your rights under this License without notice if You fail to comply with any terms of this License. Upon termination of the License, You shall cease all use of the Licensed Application, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Licensed Application.
- In addition, Pipe has the right to terminate its relationship with You, or may terminate or suspend Your use of the Service at any time:
- if You are in breach of the terms of this License;
- if Pipe reasonably suspects that You are using the Service to break the law or infringe third party rights;
- if Pipe reasonably suspects that You are trying to unfairly exploit or misuse any of our policies;
- if Pipe reasonably suspects that You are using any of our products fraudulently or that Your "User Account" is being used by a third party fraudulently;
- immediately, if required due to a change in laws/regulation by a regulator or authority with a lawful mandate in any particular territory, or by any of Pipe's partners;
- Pipe shall effect such termination by preventing Your access to the Service, where applicable. We reserve the right to cancel User Accounts that have been inactive for more than one year/s.
- The Service
- The Service allows You to select one or multiple categories listed by the Licensed Application namely, politics, entertainment, health, sports, fashion, lifestyle, shopping, music, culture, start-ups, science and to name a few.
Personalized feed/content is created in the form of pre-existing news, articles, headlines, advertisements, blog posts, promotion material and to name a few based on Your preferred categories which will be notified through intermittent push notifications and can be accessed in detail via the Licensed Application. You understand that Pipe does not have any right or title whatsoever over the content generated for You
The Service further allows You to share and/or download such personalized feed/content (collectively, the “Shared Content”) on a hand held device. Pipe does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to the Shared Content. You shall be solely responsible for Your own Shared Content and the consequences of sharing or sending them. Shared Content also does not represent the views or opinions of Pipe, and Pipe makes no guarantees as to the validity, accuracy or legal status of any Shared Content. Pipe does not endorse any Shared Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with the Shared Content. Pipe does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights via its Service.
The service further allows you to chat with businesses via Facebook messenger. It allows business owners to register their business and chat with their customers.
- In the course of using the Service, You may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Nevertheless, You agree to use our Service at Your sole risk and we shall not have any liability to You for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree not to exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, trespassing or burdening network capacity.
- We make no representation that our Service is available for use in any particular location. To the extent You choose to access our Service, You do so at Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. We reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to our Service at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to our Service. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to our Service without notice or liability.
- Pipe may automatically check Your version of the Licensed Application. Pipe has no obligation to make available any updates. However, Pipe may (a) require You to download and install updates; or (b) automatically download and install updates to Your device.
- Pipe does not consider proposals or ideas, including without limitation ideas for new products, technologies, promotions, product names, product feedback and product improvements ("Feedback") to be confidential information. If You send any Feedback to Pipe through the Site, social networks or otherwise, You acknowledge and agree that Pipe shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the Feedback and nothing in this License limits or restricts Pipe's right to independently use, develop, evaluate, or market products, whether incorporating the Feedback or otherwise.
- Your Obligations
- You are responsible for all activities that occur in the course of Your use of this Licensed Application. .
- You may not:
- intercept or monitor, damage or modify any communication which is not intended for You;
- use any type of spider, virus, worm, trojan-horse or any other codes or instructions that are designed to distort, delete, damage, emulate or disassemble the Service;
- send unsolicited communications (also referred to as "SPAM", "SPIM" or "SPIT") or any communication not permitted by applicable law or use the Service for the purposes of phishing or pharming or impersonating or misrepresenting affiliation with another person or entity;
- expose any third party to material which is offensive, harmful to minors, indecent or otherwise objectionable in any way;
- use the Service to cause or intend to cause embarrassment or distress to, or to threaten, harass or invade the privacy of, any third party;
- use (including as part of Your name and/or profile picture) any material or content that is subject to any third party proprietary rights, unless You have a license or permission from the owner of such rights;
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; or
- impact or attempt to impact the availability of the Service, with a denial of service (DOS) or distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE SITE AND LICENSED APPLICATION ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SERVICE OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE SERVICE CAUSE ANY DEFECTS, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall our total liability to You for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of five hundred dollars only. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
- End Users and Export Control. You will not use or export the Licensed Application or any product or service offered on the Site or through the Service, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including without limitation United States export laws and regulations.
- Pipe's Ownership Rights. The Service, including the Site and Licensed Application (including any content or information contained therein) and all copies thereof are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Pipe or its licensors own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Site, Licensed Application and Service and all copies, modifications and derivative works thereof, and the underlying software (including any user Feedback) ("Pipe Technology"), and Your use of our Service does not grant to You, nor do You acquire any ownership rights in the Pipe Technology.
- Notice and Take Down Procedures; Copyright Agent. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site, Service and Licensed Application do the same. If You believe that any materials accessible on or from the Service infringes Your copyrights, You may request the removal of those materials (or access thereto) by contacting our copyright agent.
- The laws of the US, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this License and Your use of the Licensed Application. You expressly agree that the courts in the US have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute with Pipe or relating in any way to Your use of the Licensed Application or Service. Your use of the Licensed Application and Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
- You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pipe from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with any claim arising from or relating to any breach by You of this license.
- Links to Third Party Websites. The Site may contain links to other third party websites ("Third Party Sites"). These Third Party Sites are provided solely as a convenience to You. Such Third Party Sites are not under Pipe’s control, and Pipe is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Third Party Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Third Party Sites. You will need to make Your own independent judgment regarding Your interaction with these Third Party Sites. You understand and acknowledge that the Third Party Sites and contents thereof are strictly streamlined based on Your preference of the provided categories.
- This License is the entire agreement between You and Pipe relating to the Service and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Service or any other subject matter covered by this License. If any provision of this License is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect. This License may not be modified or amended except as described herein by Pipe or otherwise with the written agreement of Pipe.